Terms Used In 49 USC 80302
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- vehicle: includes every description of carriage or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on land. See 1 USC 4
- vessel: includes every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on water. See 1 USC 3
(1) a narcotic drug (as defined in section 102 of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (21 U.S.C. 802)), including marihuana (as defined in section 102 of that Act (21 U.S.C. 802)), that–
(A) is possessed with intent to sell or offer for sale in violation of the laws and regulations of the United States;
(B) is acquired, possessed, sold, transferred, or offered for sale in violation of those laws;
(C) is acquired by theft, robbery, or burglary and transported–
(i) in the District of Columbia or a territory or possession of the United States; or
(ii) from a place in a State, the District of Columbia, or a territory or possession of the United States, to a place in another State, the District of Columbia, or a territory or possession; or
(D) does not bear tax-paid internal revenue stamps required by those laws or regulations;
(2) a firearm involved in a violation of chapter 53 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. 5801 et seq.);
(3) a forged, altered, or counterfeit–
(A) coin or an obligation or other security of the United States Government (as defined in section 8 of title 18); or
(B) coin, obligation, or other security of the government of a foreign country;
(4) material or equipment used, or intended to be used, in making a coin, obligation, or other security referred to in clause (3) of this subsection;
(5) a cigarette involved in a violation of chapter 114 of title 18 or a regulation prescribed under chapter 114; or
(6)(A) a counterfeit label for a phonorecord, copy of a computer program or computer program documentation or packaging, or copy of a motion picture or other audiovisual work (as defined in section 2318 of title 18);
(B) a phonorecord or copy in violation of section 2319 of title 18;
(C) a fixation of a sound recording or music video of a live musical performance in violation of section 2319A of title 18; or
(D) any good bearing a counterfeit mark (as defined in section 2320 of title 18).
(1) transport contraband in an aircraft, vehicle, or vessel;
(2) conceal or possess contraband on an aircraft, vehicle, or vessel; or
(3) use an aircraft, vehicle, or vessel to facilitate the transportation, concealment, receipt, possession, purchase, sale, exchange, or giving away of contraband.