|§ 893||Ocean and atmospheric research and development program|
|§ 893a||NOAA ocean and atmospheric science education programs|
|§ 893b||NOAA’s contribution to innovation|
|§ 893c||Workforce study|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 33 > Chapter 17 > Subchapter V
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Energy. See
- Service: means the Public Health Service. See 42 USC 201
- Surgeon General: means the Surgeon General of the Public Health Service. See 42 USC 201
- System: means the National Marine Sanctuary System established by section 1431 of this title. See