(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, any bank holding treasury securities as a fiduciary, as a cofiduciary or as a custodian or agent for another fiduciary or fiduciaries is authorized, in the absence of specific provision to the contrary in the governing instrument or court order under which the bank is acting, to deposit or arrange for the deposit with the federal reserve bank in its district of such treasury securities to be credited to one or more accounts on the books of said federal reserve bank in the name of such bank to be designated trust or other accounts in accordance with rules and regulations of the federal reserve bank, to which similar treasury securities deposited by the bank for other fiduciary accounts may be credited.
Terms Used In Alabama Code 19-4-41
- bank: A bank or trust company organized and existing under the laws of Alabama with authority to act as a fiduciary and a national banking association with its principal office in the State of Alabama and with authority to act as a fiduciary. See Alabama Code 19-4-40
- deposit: Physical delivery and also crediting by entry on the books of the federal reserve bank without physical delivery. See Alabama Code 19-4-40
- fiduciary: An administrator, an administrator with the will annexed, an administrator de bonis non, an executor, a trustee, a guardian, a conservator, an agent or a custodian. See Alabama Code 19-4-40
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- FIDUCIARY ACCOUNT: An estate, a trust, a guardianship, a custodianship, an agency or any other fiduciary relationship, including a custodianship or agency for another fiduciary or fiduciaries. See Alabama Code 19-4-40
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(b) Ownership of and other interest in such treasury securities may be transferred by entries on the books of said federal reserve bank without physical delivery thereof.
(c) In the event the bank holds treasury securities as a cofiduciary, the bank before acting under the authority contained in this section must have the written consent of its cofiduciary, who is hereby authorized to give such consent.
(d) When acting under the authority contained in this section, the records of the bank shall at all times show the fiduciary accounts for which such treasury securities are deposited and the ownership of such treasury securities in each fiduciary account.
(e) A bank, when acting under the authority herein contained, shall be subject to such rules and regulations as, in the case of banks or trust companies organized and existing under the laws of Alabama, the Superintendent of Banks and, in the case of national banking associations, the Comptroller of the Currency, may from time to time issue.
(f) A bank shall, upon demand by any person to whom it has a duty to account with respect to a fiduciary account, certify in writing the treasury securities deposited by it with the federal reserve bank for that fiduciary account.