(a) Notwithstanding Sections 32-6-64, 32-6-67, and 32-6-68, upon application to the judge of probate, license commissioner, or other issuing official, compliance with motor vehicle registration and licensing laws, and payment of regular fees required by law for license plates, owners of private passenger or pleasure motor vehicles who are residents of Alabama shall be issued distinctive “Alabama Bicentennial” license plates.
Terms Used In Alabama Code 32-6-155.3
- department: The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency of this state acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- MOTOR VEHICLE: Every vehicle which is self-propelled and every vehicle which is propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails, except for electric personal assistive mobility devices. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Probate: Proving a will
- registration: The registration certificate or certificates and registration plates issued under the laws of this state pertaining to the registration of vehicles. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- vehicle: Every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks or electric personal assistive mobility devices; provided, that for the purposes of this title, a bicycle or a ridden animal shall be deemed a vehicle, except those provisions of this title, which by their very nature can have no application. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
(b) Payment of required license fees and taxes for the years during which a new plate is not issued shall be evidenced as provided in Section 32-6-63.
(c) The “Alabama Bicentennial” license plate shall be designed by the Department of Revenue, subject to approval by the Legislative Oversight Committee created pursuant to Section 32-6-67.
(d) The plates shall be issued, printed, and processed like other distinctive plates provided in this chapter, furnished for the licensing years commencing January 1, 2016, and ending December 31, 2020. The plates may not be renewed after December 31, 2020.
(e) The Department of Revenue may promulgate rules necessary to administer this section.