(a) The board shall promulgate rules and regulations for all licensure fees, registration fees, renewal fees, and accreditation fees. The application fee for licensure as an orthotist, prosthetist, orthotist assistant, prosthetist assistant, prosthetist/orthotist, or pedorthist shall not exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250) and the application fee for registration as an orthotic supplier shall not exceed one hundred fifty dollars ($150). The application fee for accreditation shall not exceed three hundred fifty dollars ($350) per facility. The licensure fee shall not exceed nine hundred fifty dollars ($950) per discipline per term of license. The accreditation fee shall not exceed nine hundred fifty dollars ($950) per term for each accredited facility. Registration fees and renewal fees shall not exceed three hundred fifty dollars ($350) per term of registration or renewal, and all other associated assistant fees shall not exceed five hundred dollars ($500) per term of license.
Terms Used In Alabama Code 34-25A-12
- ACCREDITED FACILITY: A facility where prosthetic, orthotic, prosthetic and orthotic, or pedorthic care is provided to patients needing such care and has met the requirements of the board for such designation. See Alabama Code 19-3-85
- board: The Alabama State Board of Prosthetists and Orthotists. See Alabama Code 19-3-85
- ORTHOTIC SUPPLIER: A person registered with the board who is employed by or has a contractual relationship with a manufacturer of orthoses or orthosis components and who has complied with the registration requirements of the board. See Alabama Code 19-3-85
- orthotist: A person licensed to practice orthotics under this chapter. See Alabama Code 19-3-85
- ORTHOTIST ASSISTANT: A person licensed under terms to be defined by the board and employed by the same agency as his or her licensed referring evaluator. See Alabama Code 19-3-85
- pedorthist: A person who is licensed to practice pedorthics under this chapter. See Alabama Code 19-3-85
- prosthetist: A person who is licensed to practice prosthetics under this chapter. See Alabama Code 19-3-85
- PROSTHETIST ASSISTANT: A person licensed under terms to be defined by the board and employed by the same agency as his or her licensed referring evaluator. See Alabama Code 19-3-85
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(b) Maximum fees as defined in subsection (a) may be exceeded when a late renewal fee is authorized or imposed by the board.
(c) The board may prescribe by rule that individuals who due to age or physical disability are unable to practice, who have retired from the practice, who are licensed in the state but are practicing out of state, or who are on temporary active duty with any of the Armed Forces of the United States shall be allowed to pay a renewal fee in an amount less than the amount paid by individuals in current practice. The amount shall be established by the board.