The board shall perform the following functions:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 34-27B-4
- board: The Alabama State Board of Respiratory Therapy. See Alabama Code 19-3-273
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(1) Set respiratory therapy licensure fees, including, but not limited to, application, initial, renewal, and reinstatement fees.
(2) Establish and publish minimum standards of continuing education of respiratory therapy in accordance with those standards developed and accepted by the profession.
(3) Examine for, approve, deny, revoke, suspend, and renew licensure of duly qualified applicants.
(4) Promulgate and publish rules in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act to administer this chapter.
(5) Conduct hearings on charges calling for the denial, suspension, revocation, or refusal to renew a license.
(6) Maintain an up-to-date list of every person licensed to practice respiratory therapy pursuant to this chapter. The list shall include the last known place of residence and the state license number of the licensee.
(7) Maintain an up-to-date list of persons whose licenses have been suspended, revoked, or denied. The list shall include the name, Social Security number, type, date, and cause of action, penalty incurred, and the length of the penalty. The information on the list, except for Social Security numbers, shall be available for public inspection during reasonable business hours and the information may be shared with others as deemed necessary and acceptable by the board.