Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 34 > Chapter 27B
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- board: The Alabama State Board of Respiratory Therapy. See Alabama Code 34-27B-2
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- DIRECT CLINICAL SUPERVISION: A situation where a licensed respiratory therapist or physician is available for the purpose of communication, consultation, and assistance. See Alabama Code 34-27B-2
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- HEALTHCARE FACILITY: The definition shall be the same as in Section 22-21-260. See Alabama Code 34-27B-2
- MEDICALLY APPROVED PROTOCOL: A detailed plan for taking specific diagnostic or treatment actions, or both, authorized by the treating physician of the patient, all of which actions shall be:
a. See Alabama Code 34-27B-2
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- physician: A person who is a doctor of medicine or a doctor of osteopathy licensed to practice in this state. See Alabama Code 34-27B-2
- RESPIRATORY THERAPIST: A person licensed by the board to administer respiratory therapy and who has the knowledge and skills necessary to administer respiratory therapy, monitor patient responses, modify respiratory therapy based upon patient response, provide information and education to patients about deficiencies or disorders of the cardiopulmonary system, and supervise others in the delivery of appropriate respiratory therapy procedures. See Alabama Code 34-27B-2
- RESPIRATORY THERAPY OR CARE: Therapy, management, rehabilitation, diagnostic evaluation, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system and associated aspects of other systems' functions, given by a health care professional under the direction of a physician. See Alabama Code 34-27B-2
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.