(a) A person who does not hold a license or a temporary license as a respiratory therapist or whose license or temporary license has been suspended or revoked may not do any of the following:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 34-27B-9
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- RESPIRATORY THERAPIST: A person licensed by the board to administer respiratory therapy and who has the knowledge and skills necessary to administer respiratory therapy, monitor patient responses, modify respiratory therapy based upon patient response, provide information and education to patients about deficiencies or disorders of the cardiopulmonary system, and supervise others in the delivery of appropriate respiratory therapy procedures. See Alabama Code 19-3-273
(1) Use in connection with the person’s practice the words “respiratory care professional,” “respiratory therapist,” “respiratory care practitioner,” “certified respiratory care practitioner,” “licensed respiratory therapist,” “inhalation therapist,” or “respiratory therapy technician”; or use the letters “R.C.P.” or “L.R.T.”; or use any other words, letters, abbreviations, or insignia indicating or implying that the person is a respiratory therapist.
(2) Directly or by implication represent in any way that the person is a respiratory therapist.
(b) A person who holds a license or a temporary license to practice respiratory therapy under this chapter may use the title “respiratory therapist” and the abbreviation “L.R.T.”