THIS SECTION WAS AMENDED BY ACT 2019-407 IN THE 2019 REGULAR SESSION, EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2020. THIS IS NOT IN THE CURRENT CODE SUPPLEMENT.
Terms Used In Alabama Code 37-15-4.1
- DESIGN OR SURVEY LOCATE REQUEST: Any communication to the "One-Call Notification System" specifically to request existing underground facilities to be located for bidding, predesign, or advance planning purposes. See Alabama Code 37-15-2
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- operator: Any person, governmental agency, or political subdivision, or its agents, who owns or operates a public or private underground facility which furnishes services, information, or materials, or transports or transmits electric energy, light, water, steam, oil, gases, gas, mixture of gases, petroleum, petroleum products, hazardous or flammable liquids, toxic or corrosive fluids and gases, or items of like nature, and telecommunications, cable television, water, drainage, sewage, or other systems of like nature. See Alabama Code 37-15-2
- person: An individual, joint venture, partnership, association, authority, cooperative, firm, corporation, governmental entity, or any subdivision or instrumentality of that entity and its employees, agents, or legal representatives. See Alabama Code 37-15-2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(a) Any person may submit a design or survey locate request to the One-Call Notification System. The design or survey locate request shall describe the tract or parcel of land for which the design or survey locate request has been submitted with sufficient particularity as defined by policies developed and promulgated by the One-Call Notification System to enable the facility operator to ascertain the precise tract or parcel of land involved and state the name, address, telephone number, and facsimile number of the person who has submitted the design or survey locate request and the company name of the project owner.
(b) Within five working days after a design or survey locate request has been submitted to the One-Call Notification System for a proposed project, the operator shall respond by one of the following methods:
(1) Marking the approximate location of all underground facilities in the area of proposed excavation.
(2) Providing to the person submitting the design or survey locate request the best available description of all underground facilities in the area of proposed excavation which may include drawings of underground facilities already built in the area or other facility records that are maintained by the facility operator.
(3) Allowing the person submitting the design or survey locate request or any other authorized person to inspect or copy the drawings or other records for all underground facilities within the proposed area of excavation.