Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 24 > Subchapter I
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Commission: means the Atomic Energy Commission. See 42 USC 2304
- community: means that area at--
(1) Oak Ridge, Tennessee, designated on a map on file at the principal office of the Commission, entitled "Minimum Geographic Area, Oak Ridge, Tennessee" bearing the legend "Boundary Line, Minimum Geographic Area, Oak Ridge, Tennessee" and marked "Approved, 21 April 1955, K. See 42 USC 2304
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- county: includes a parish, or any other equivalent subdivision of a State or Territory of the United States. See 1 USC 2
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- house: includes the lot on which the house stands. See 42 USC 2304
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- marriage: means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word "spouse" refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife. See 1 USC 7
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- occupant: means a person who, on the date on which the property in question is first offered for sale, is entitled to residential occupancy of the Government-owned house in question, or of a family dwelling unit in such house, in accordance with a lease or license agreement with the Commission or its property-management contractor. See 42 USC 2304
- offering date: means the date the property in question is offered for sale. See 42 USC 2304
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- project area: means that area which on August 4, 1955, constitutes the Federal area at Oak Ridge, Tennessee, or Hanford, Washington, or that area which, on the date Los Alamos is included within this chapter, constitutes the County of Los Alamos, New Mexico, excluding therefrom, however, that land which is, on said date, under the administrative control of the National Park Service of the Department of the Interior. See 42 USC 2304
- project-connected person: means any person who, on the first offering date, is regularly employed at the project area in one of the following capacities:
(1) An officer or employee of the Commission or any of its contractors or subcontractors, or of the United States or any agency thereof (including members of the Armed Forces), or of a State or political subdivision or agency thereof. See 42 USC 2304
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- single family: when used in connection with "house" or "residential property" shall include each separate unit of a residential structure which the Commission has classified as a residential structure containing two or more separate single family units pursuant to section 2331(c) of this title. See 42 USC 2304