Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 24 > Subchapter I
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Commission: means the Atomic Energy Commission. See
- community: means that area at--
(1) Oak Ridge, Tennessee, designated on a map on file at the principal office of the Commission, entitled "Minimum Geographic Area, Oak Ridge, Tennessee" bearing the legend "Boundary Line, Minimum Geographic Area, Oak Ridge, Tennessee" and marked "Approved, 21 April 1955, K. See
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- mortgage: shall include deeds of trust and such other classes of lien as are given to secure advances on, or the unpaid purchase price of real estate under the laws of the State in which the real estate is located. See
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.