For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the respective meanings ascribed to them by this section:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 40-25A-1
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(1) PERSON. Individuals, firms, corporations, partnerships, companies, or other agencies, associations, incorporated or otherwise, singular or plural.
(2) WHOLESALE SALE. A sale of tangible personal property by wholesalers to licensed retail merchants, jobbers, dealers, or other wholesalers for resale and does not include a sale by wholesalers to users or consumers, not for resale.
(3) NET TAX PROCEEDS. The entire proceeds from the tax herein levied less cost of collection, refunds, grants and credits as may be authorized by law.
(4) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(5) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Revenue of the State of Alabama.
(6) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Department of Revenue of the State of Alabama.