Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 42 > Chapter 3 > Article 10
- Department: means the department of revenue. See Arizona Laws 42-1001
- Distributor: means any person that manufactures, produces, ships, transports or imports into this state or in any manner acquires or possesses for the purpose of making the first sale of the following:
(a) Cigarettes without Arizona tax stamps affixed as required by this article. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Internal revenue code: means the United States internal revenue code of 1986, as amended and in effect as of January 1, 2018, including those provisions that became effective during 2017 with the specific adoption of their retroactive effective dates but excluding all changes to the code enacted after January 1, 2018. See Arizona Laws 42-1001
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Other tobacco products: means tobacco products other than cigarettes and roll-your-own tobacco. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, association, corporation, municipal corporation, estate, trust, club, society or other group or combination acting as a unit, and the plural as well as the singular number. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Place of business: means a building, facility site or location where an order is received or where tobacco products are sold, distributed or transferred. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Retailer: means any person that comes into possession of any luxury subject to the taxes imposed by this chapter for the purpose of selling it for consumption and not for resale. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Tobacco products: means all luxuries included in section 42-3052, paragraphs 5 through 9. See Arizona Laws 42-3001
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Vehicle: means a device in, on or by which a person or property is or may be transported or drawn on the roads of this state regardless of the means by which it is propelled or whether it runs on a track. See Arizona Laws 42-3001