When used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 41-10-20
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(1) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(2) BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The board of directors of the authority.
(3) BONDS. The bonds issued under the provisions of this article.
(4) GRANTEE. A county, municipality or local industrial development board organized as a public corporation in this state, or an airport authority organized as a public corporation in this state pursuant to Chapter 3 of Title 4, or whether created by general, special or local laws, or general acts of local application, if such authority governs an airport operated by a county and at least one municipality therein jointly, to which a grant of money is made as provided in Section 41-10-26.
(5) INDUSTRIAL SITES. Land owned by a grantee or potential grantee on which industrial facilities have been or will be constructed for sale or lease to an individual, private association or private corporation.
(6) NOMINAL TRANSFEREE. Any person to whom a grantee transfers one or more industrial sites or any part of any thereof for less than fair market value and any person who derives title to such industrial sites or any part of any thereof through such a transferee.
(7) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a private firm, a private association, a public or private corporation, a municipality, a county or an agency, department or instrumentality of the state or of a county or municipality.
(8) PREPARATION OF INDUSTRIAL SITES. The grading and draining of industrial sites and the means of access thereto.
(9) STATE. The State of Alabama.