There shall be established within the Department of Finance the Division of Leasing Management.
Terms Used In Alabama Code 41-4-380
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- real property: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
(a) The functions, powers, and duties of the Division of Leasing Management shall be as follows:
(1) To formulate a statewide leasing plan for offices and other needed lease space for the various state departments, boards, bureaus, commissions, agencies, and offices managed by the division.
(2) To maintain and manage an inventory of all state leased property.
(3) To review and approve or disapprove all real property leases and to make recommendations to the Director of Finance.
(4) To develop and implement standards for real estate lease agreements.
(5) To administer and monitor all real estate lease agreements.
(6) To make recommendations and reports to the Director of Finance as to utilization of leased office space and future needs as well as other reports and recommendations as required by the Director of Finance.
(7) To contract with other agencies, corporations, entities or individuals for the management and the procurement of leasing of real property for any department, board, bureau, commission, agency, or office within the State.
(b) The Division of Leasing Management shall be headed by and under the supervision, direction and control of an officer who shall be designated Director of Leasing Management. He or she shall be appointed, subject to the provisions of the state Merit Law, by the Director of Finance, with the approval of the Governor. The compensation of such officer shall be fixed in accordance with the pay plan of the state Merit System.