Any person violating this part, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100) or by imprisonment for a term not to exceed two months, or by both fine and imprisonment in the discretion of the court. This section shall also have application to any officer or agent of a corporation, partnership, or association operated in violation of this part. Any court of competent jurisdiction in the county shall have full power to try any violation of this part, and upon conviction the court, at its discretion, may revoke the license of the person, partnership, association, or corporation violating the terms hereof.
(Acts 1951, No. 661, p. 1125, §6.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 45-37-40.05
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608