|§ 12-16-150||Challenges of jurors for cause – Grounds generally|
|§ 12-16-151||Challenges of jurors for cause – Manner of proof|
|§ 12-16-152||Challenges of jurors for cause – Additional grounds for challenge by state in certain cases|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 12 > Chapter 16 > Article 6
- acjic: The Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center. See Alabama Code 26-19A-3
- Judgement that a criminal defendant has not been proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- A verdict of "not guilty."
- broadcaster: Any entity that is engaged in the business of broadcasting video or audio programs, whether through the public airwaves, by cable, by direct or indirect satellite transmissions, or by any other means of communication. See Alabama Code 26-19A-3
- Circumstantial evidence: All evidence except eyewitness testimony.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- department: The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency. See Alabama Code 26-19A-3
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- MISSING SENIOR CITIZEN ALERT: A voluntary program entered into by the department and other local and state law enforcement agencies and the Alabama Association of Broadcasters and broadcasters licensed to serve in the state, which provides that if the department verifies that a senior citizen is missing or lost and in danger, a media alert is transmitted. See Alabama Code 26-19A-3
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.