Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 1 > Chapter 2A
- director: The Secretary of the Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency of Alabama. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- driver: Every person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- MOTOR-DRIVEN CYCLE: Every motorcycle, including every motor scooter, with a motor which produces not to exceed five brake horsepower nor to exceed 150 cubic centimeter engine displacement, and weighs less than 200 pounds fully equipped, and every bicycle with motor attached. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- traffic: Pedestrians, ridden or herded animals, vehicles, streetcars, and other conveyances either singly or together while using any highway for purposes of travel. See Alabama Code 16-36-23