|§ 24-6-2||Commission created; composition|
|§ 24-6-3||Advisory board|
|§ 24-6-4||Powers and duties; fund; Sunset provision|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 24 > Chapter 6 - Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission
- agreement: Any agreement between a wholesaler and a supplier, whether oral or written, whereby a wholesaler is granted the right to purchase and sell a brand or brands of wine sold by a supplier. See Alabama Code 45-37-21.03
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- GOOD FAITH: Honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing in the trade, as defined in and interpreted under the Uniform Commercial Code, Section 7-2-103. See Alabama Code 45-37-21.03
- Legislative session: That part of a chamber's daily session in which it considers legislative business (bills, resolutions, and actions related thereto).
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- supplier: A manufacturer or importer of wine licensed by the board. See Alabama Code 45-37-21.03
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- TRANSFER OF THE BUSINESS OF THE WHOLESALER: The voluntary sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or control of the business or all or substantially all of the assets of the wholesaler, or all or control of the capital stock of the wholesaler including, without limitation, the sale or other transfer of capital stock or assets by merger, consolidation, or dissolution, or of the capital stock of the parent corporation, or of the capital stock or beneficial ownership of any other entity owning or controlling the wholesaler. See Alabama Code 45-37-21.03
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- wholesaler: A wholesaler of wine licensed by the board. See Alabama Code 45-37-21.03