|§ 26-23C-1||Short title|
|§ 26-23C-2||Legislative findings|
|§ 26-23C-3||Opt out of abortion coverage|
|§ 26-23C-4||Construction of chapter|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 26 > Chapter 23C
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- board: The board of directors of the tourism board. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- county: Lauderdale County, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- COUNTY LODGING TAX: That certain tax levied pursuant to Part 5, commencing with Section 45-39-244, of Article 24 of this chapter. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- director: A member of the board. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- florence: The City of Florence, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- GOVERNING BODY: With respect to the county, its county commission, and, with respect to a municipality, its city or town council, board of commissioners, or other like governing body. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- municipality: Any incorporated municipality located wholly within the county. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- PLANNING JURISDICTION: A municipality's planning jurisdiction but excludes any portion of the planning jurisdiction located outside of the county. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-39-221
- TOURISM BOARD: The public corporation organized pursuant to this part. See Alabama Code 45-39-221