Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 34 > Chapter 25B - Private Investigation
- action: Condemnation action. See Alabama Code 18-1A-3
- condemn: To take property under the power of eminent domain. See Alabama Code 18-1A-3
- condemnor: A person empowered to condemn. See Alabama Code 18-1A-3
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: A federal law, established in 1971 and revised in 1997, that gives consumers the right to see their credit records and correct any mistakes. Source: OCC
- felony: A criminal offense that is defined and punishable under the laws of this state, or an offense committed outside the State of Alabama, which if committed in this state, would constitute a felony under Alabama law; a crime in any other state or a crime against the United States which is designated as a felony; or an offense in any other state, territory, or country punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year. See Alabama Code 34-25B-2
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- person: Includes a natural individual, partnership, corporation, association, other legal or fiduciary entity, and a public entity. See Alabama Code 18-1A-3
- PRIVATE INVESTIGATION: The compensated act of any individual or company engaging in the business of obtaining or furnishing information with reference to any of the following:
a. See Alabama Code 34-25B-2
- property: An interest in real or personal property under the law of this state. See Alabama Code 18-1A-3
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.