|§ 37-12-1||Short title|
|§ 37-12-2||Declaration of public policy|
|§ 37-12-3||Rules and regulations governing|
|§ 37-12-4||Implementation of chapter by Alabama Public Service Commission|
|§ 37-12-5||Purchase of coal produced in Alabama required|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 37 > Chapter 12
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- BRIDGE REPLACEMENT: Bridge replacement includes the replacement of existing bridge structures and, if necessary, the realignment of the adjacent approaches. See Alabama Code 23-1-331
- commission: The Alabama Public Service Commission;
(6) FEDERAL SAFETY STANDARDS. See Alabama Code 37-4-90
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- COUNTY ROADS: All paved or unpaved public roads, including bridges, within a county on the county road system and continuing into or through the corporate limits of any city or town in a county which are not a part of the state highway system. See Alabama Code 23-1-331
- DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION: That state department created by Section 23-1-20. See Alabama Code 23-1-331
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- project: An undertaking to construct a particular portion of a highway. See Alabama Code 23-1-331
- TRANSPORTATION DIRECTOR: The chief executive officer of the Department of Transportation authorized by Section 23-1-21. See Alabama Code 23-1-331
- UNOBLIGATED FUNDS: That portion of an appropriation which has not been encumbered by a project budget or a project budget overrun. See Alabama Code 23-1-331
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 1-1-1