Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 40 > Chapter 9A
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- chief: The Chief of the Division of Safety and Inspection of the Department of Labor or such other public officer, employee, board, commission, or other authority that may in emergencies be acting in the stead of the chief or may by law be assigned the duties and authority of the Chief of the Division of Safety and Inspection of the Department of Labor. See Alabama Code 25-9-2
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- operator: The owner, part owner, operator or lessee to whom the superintendent reports and is accountable for the operation. See Alabama Code 25-9-2
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- real property: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608