|§ 31201||This part shall be known and may be cited as the Property Tax …|
|§ 31202||For purposes of this part, all of the following definitions shall …|
|§ 31203||Any property tax reimbursement collected by a qualified heavy …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Revenue and Taxation Code > Division 2 > Part 13.7
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Commissioner: means any county agricultural commissioner. See California Education Code 19957.5
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19958
- Qualified representative of the commissioner: means a deputy commissioner or inspector who holds an appropriate certificate of qualification issued by the director as provided in Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 2101) of Division 2 of this code. See California Education Code 19964
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.