Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 40 > Chapter 9C
- chief: The Chief of the Division of Safety and Inspection of the Department of Labor or such other public officer, employee, board, commission, or other authority that may in emergencies be acting in the stead of the chief or may by law be assigned the duties and authority of the Chief of the Division of Safety and Inspection of the Department of Labor. See Alabama Code 25-9-2
- MINE FOREMAN: A person holding a valid certificate of qualification duly issued by action of the board of mine examiners. See Alabama Code 25-9-2
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- operator: The owner, part owner, operator or lessee to whom the superintendent reports and is accountable for the operation. See Alabama Code 25-9-2
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- permissible: A device, process, or equipment or method heretofore or hereafter classified by such term by the United States Bureau of Mines when such classification is adopted by the chief and includes, unless otherwise expressly stated in this chapter, all requirements, restrictions, exceptions, limitations, and conditions attached to such classification by said bureau. See Alabama Code 25-9-2
- supervisor: Such term may be used to designate mine foremen, assistants, section foremen, trafficmen, maintenance foremen, etc. See Alabama Code 25-9-2