|§ 45-3-60||Expense and mileage allowance|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 45 > Chapter 3 > Article 6 > Part 1
- circuit: means judicial circuit. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- court: Every court and judge having jurisdiction in a case. See Alabama Code 10A-1-1.03
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- FILING OFFICER: The officer with whom a filing instrument is required or permitted to be delivered for filing pursuant to this title. See Alabama Code 10A-1-1.03
- foreign: With respect to an entity, that the entity is formed and existing under the laws of a jurisdiction other than this state. See Alabama Code 10A-1-1.03
- Foreign limited liability company: means a limited liability company governed by the laws of a jurisdiction other than this state which would be a limited liability company if governed by the laws of this state. See Alabama Code 10A-5A-1.02
- LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY: A limited liability company as defined in Chapter 5A. See Alabama Code 10A-1-1.03
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- officer: An individual elected, appointed, or designated as an officer of an entity by the entity's governing authority or under the entity's governing documents. See Alabama Code 10A-1-1.03
- person: An individual, including the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual, or an organization, whether created by the laws of this state or another state or foreign country, including, without limitation, a general partnership, limited liability partnership, limited partnership, limited liability limited partnership, limited liability company, corporation, professional corporation, nonprofit corporation, professional association, trustee, personal representative, fiduciary, as defined in Section 19-3-150 or person performing in any similar capacity, business trust, estate, trust, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity. See Alabama Code 10A-1-1.03
- state: Includes, when referring to a part of the United States, a state or commonwealth, and its agencies and governmental subdivisions, and a territory or possession, and its agencies and governmental subdivisions, of the United States. See Alabama Code 10A-1-1.03
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1