|§ 45-41-140||Protection of forests|
|§ 45-41-140.01||Financial charge – Authorized; payment|
|§ 45-41-140.02||Financial charge – Determination|
|§ 45-41-140.03||Financial charge – Collection and disposition|
|§ 45-41-140.04||Removal of financial charge|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 45 > Chapter 41 > Article 14 > Part 1
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- real property: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608