Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 5 > Chapter 9A
- cigarette: Any of the following:
a. See Alabama Code 8-17-271
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- sale: Any transfer of title or possession, or both, exchange or barter, conditional or otherwise, in any manner or by any means whatever or any agreement therefor. See Alabama Code 8-17-271
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.