U.S. Code > Title 12 > Chapter 3 > Subchapter V – Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 265||Insured banks as depositaries of public money; duties; security; discrimination between banks prohibited; repeal of inconsistent laws|
|§ 266||State-chartered banks and other institutions as depositaries of public money; fiscal agents; duties|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 12 > Chapter 3 > Subchapter V - Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- foreign: when applied to a corporation or partnership means a corporation or partnership which is not domestic. See 26 USC 7701
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- levy: includes the power of distraint and seizure by any means. See 26 USC 7701
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- partner: includes a member in such a syndicate, group, pool, joint venture, or organization. See 26 USC 7701
- partnership: includes a syndicate, group, pool, joint venture, or other unincorporated organization, through or by means of which any business, financial operation, or venture is carried on, and which is not, within the meaning of this title, a trust or estate or a corporation. See 26 USC 7701
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: means any individual, corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, society, joint stock company, any State or local government or any agency thereof, or any other organization, whether commercial or nonprofit, who is performing weather modification activities, except where acting solely as an employee, agent, or independent contractor of the Federal Government. See 15 USC 330
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate. See 26 USC 7701
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Commerce. See 15 USC 330
- taxable year: means the calendar year, or the fiscal year ending during such calendar year, upon the basis of which the taxable income is computed under subtitle A. See 26 USC 7701
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes the several States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any territory or insular possession of the United States. See 15 USC 330
- weather modification: means any activity performed with the intention of producing artificial changes in the composition, behavior, or dynamics of the atmosphere. See 15 USC 330