Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 8 > Chapter 2
- commission: The Alabama Public Service Commission;
(6) FEDERAL SAFETY STANDARDS. See Alabama Code 37-4-90
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Donee: The recipient of a gift.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- officer: The term includes every person authorized to enforce the game and fish laws of this state, and whenever the possession, use, importation, transportation, storage, sale, offering, or exposing for sale of game birds, animals, or fish is prohibited or restricted, the prohibition or restriction shall extend to and include every part of the game, bird, animal, or fish, and a violation as to each animal, bird, or fish, or part thereof, shall be a separate offense. See Alabama Code 35-11-415
- person: Any individual, firm, joint venture, partnership, corporation, association, or joint stock association and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee, or personal representative thereof engaged in the transportation of hazardous liquids. See Alabama Code 37-4-90
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.