(a) A person may not operate a boat on water of the state for towing a person on water skis, a surfboard, or a similar device unless
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 05.25.020
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
(1) the boat is equipped with a rearview mirror in which the person being towed can be viewed; or
(2) there is, in the boat, a person of 12 years of age or older in addition to the operator in a position to observe the progress of the person being towed.
(b) A person may not operate a boat on water of the state to tow a person under 13 years of age on water skis, a surfboard, or a similar device unless the person being towed is wearing a United States Coast Guard approved
(1) Type I, Type II, or Type III personal flotation device; or
(2) Type V personal flotation device if the Type V personal flotation device is in serviceable condition and
(A) if the approval label on the Type V personal flotation device indicates that the device is approved for the activity;
(B) for a device that contains a reference to an owner’s manual, if the Type V personal flotation device is used in accordance with the requirements in the owner’s manual.