(a) An applicant for registration as a contractor or home inspector shall submit an application under oath upon a form to be prescribed by the commissioner and that must include the following information pertaining to the applicant:
(1) the applicant’s social security number;
(2) if applying to be a registered contractor, the type of contracting activity, whether a general or a specialty contractor and, if the latter, the type of specialty;
(3) if applying to be a registered home inspector, whether the applicant is applying to inspect new homes or existing homes, or both;
(4) if applying to be a registered contractor, the name and address of each partner if the applicant is a firm or partnership, or the name and address of the owner if the applicant is an individual proprietorship, or the name and address of the corporate officers and statutory agent, if any, if the applicant is a corporation; and
(5) if applying to be a registered home inspector, the name and address of the applicant.
(b) The information contained in the application shall be a matter of public record and open to public inspection.