The department may accept grants-in-aid from the federal government or private foundations and may accept other gifts consistent with the purposes of this chapter.
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 47.14.980 - Grants-in-aid
- department: means the Department of Health and Social Services;
(7) "juvenile detention facility" means separate quarters within a city jail used for the detention of delinquent minors;
(8) "juvenile detention home" or "detention home" is a separate establishment, exclusively devoted to the detention of minors on a short-term basis and not a part of an adult jail;
(9) "juvenile work camp" means a separate residential establishment, exclusively devoted to the detention of minors, in which the minors who are 16 years of age or older and committed to the custody of the department and placed in the facility may be required to labor on the buildings and grounds or perform any other work or engage in any activities that do not conflict with regulations adopted by the department under this chapter for the care, rehabilitation, education, and discipline of minors in detention;
(10) "minor" means a person under 18 years of age;
(11) "treatment institution" means a hospital, clinic, institution, center, or other health care facility that has been designated by the department for the treatment of juveniles. See Alaska Statutes 47.14.990