California Codes > Welfare and Institutions Code > Division 2.5 > Chapter 1.6 – Juvenile Reentry Grant for the Reentry of Persons Discharged from the Division of Juvenile Facilities
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In California Codes > Welfare and Institutions Code > Division 2.5 > Chapter 1.6 - Juvenile Reentry Grant for the Reentry of Persons Discharged from the Division of Juvenile Facilities
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- County: includes "city and county. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 14
- custody: means the legal right to custody of the child unless that right is held jointly by two or more persons, in which case "custody" means the physical custody of the child by one of the persons sharing the right to custody. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 17.1
- Date of separation: means the date that a complete and final break in the marital relationship has occurred, as evidenced by both of the following:
California Family Code 70
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Income and expense declaration: means the form for an income and expense declaration in family law matters adopted by the Judicial Council. See California Family Code 95
- order: include a decree, as appropriate under the circumstances. See California Family Code 100
- Person: includes a natural person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or public entity. See California Family Code 105
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Petitioner: includes plaintiff, where appropriate. See California Family Code 126
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Proceeding: includes an action. See California Family Code 110
- Property: includes real and personal property and any interest therein. See California Family Code 113
- Respondent: includes defendant, where appropriate. See California Family Code 127
- Spousal support: means support of the spouse of the obligor. See California Family Code 142
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Family Code 143
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Support: refers to a support obligation owing on behalf of a child, spouse, or family, or an amount owing pursuant to Section 17402. See California Family Code 150