|08.80.475||Federal facilities not affected|
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 80 > Article 5
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- biological product: means a product that is applicable to the prevention, treatment, or cure of a disease or condition of human beings, and is a virus, therapeutic serum, toxin, antitoxin, vaccine, blood, blood component or derivative, allergenic product, protein other than a chemically synthesized polypeptide, or analogous product, or arsphenamine or derivative of arsphenamine or any other trivalent organic arsenic compound. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- board: means the Board of Pharmacy. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- compounding: means the preparation, mixing, assembling, packaging, or labeling of a drug or device (A) as the result of a practitioner?s prescription drug order or initiative based on the relationship of the practitioner, patient, and pharmacist in the course of professional practice or (B) for the purpose of, or as an incident to, research, teaching, or chemical analysis and not for sale or dispensing. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- delivery: means the actual, constructive, or attempted transfer of a drug or device from one person to another, whether or not for consideration. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- device: means an instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, contrivance, implant, or other similar or related article, including a component part or accessory, that is required under federal law to bear the label "Caution: Federal or state law requires dispensing by or on the order of a physician". See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- dispensing: means the preparation and delivery of a drug or device to a patient or patient?s agent under a lawful order of a practitioner in a suitable container appropriately labeled for subsequent administration to, or use by, a patient. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- drug: means an article recognized as a drug in an official compendium, or supplement to an official compendium. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- equivalent drug product: means a drug product that has the same established name, active ingredients, strength or concentration, dosage form, and route of administration and that is formulated to contain the same amount of active ingredients in the same dosage form and to meet the same compendia or other applicable standards for strength, quality, purity, and identity, but that may differ in characteristics such as shape, scoring configuration, packaging, excipients including colors, flavors, preservatives, and expiration time. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- interchangeable biological product: means a biological product that the United States Food and Drug Administration has determined
(A) meets the standards for interchangeability under 42 U. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- labeling: means the process of preparing and affixing a label to a drug container, exclusive, however, of the labeling by a manufacturer, packer, or distributor of a nonprescription drug or commercially packed legend drug or device. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- legend drug: means a prescription drug. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- nonprescription drug: means a nonnarcotic medicine or drug that may be sold without a prescription and that is prepackaged for use by the consumer and labeled in accordance with the requirements of the statutes and regulations of the state and the federal government. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- owner: means the owner of a place of business for wholesaling, retailing, compounding, or dispensing drugs, medicines, or poisons. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- patient counseling: means the communication by the pharmacist of information, as defined in the regulations of the board, to the patient or care giver in order to improve therapy by ensuring proper use of drugs and devices. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- person: has the meaning given in AS 01. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- pharmacist: means an individual currently licensed by this state to engage in the practice of pharmacy. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- pharmacy: means a place in this state where drugs are dispensed and pharmaceutical care is provided and a place outside of this state that is subject to licensure or registration under AS 08. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- practice of pharmacy: means the interpretation, evaluation, and dispensing of prescription drug orders in the patient?s best interest. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- practitioner: means an individual currently licensed, registered, or otherwise authorized by the jurisdiction in which the individual practices to prescribe and administer drugs in the course of professional practice. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- preceptor: means an individual who is currently licensed by the board, meets the qualifications as a preceptor under the regulations of the board, and participates in the instructional training of pharmacy interns. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- prescription drug: means a drug that, under federal law, before being dispensed or delivered, is required to be labeled with either of the following statements: (A) "Caution: Federal law prohibits dispensing without prescription". See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- prescription drug order: means a lawful order of a practitioner for a drug or device for a specific patient. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- wholesale: means sale by a manufacturer, wholesale dealer, distributor, or jobber to a person who sells, or intends to sell, directly to the user. See Alaska Statutes 08.80.480