|Article 1||Comprehensive Plan, Vessels, and Facilities||19.65.011 – 19.65.035|
|Article 2||Alaska Marine Highway System Fund and Budget||19.65.050 – 19.65.100|
|Article 3||Alaska Marine Transportation Advisory Board||19.65.110 – 19.65.195|
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 65
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation and all amendments and includes articles of merger. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- board: means the board of directors of a domestic or foreign corporation. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- common shares: means shares that have no preference over other shares with respect to distribution of assets on liquidation or with respect to payment of dividends. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Legislative session: That part of a chamber's daily session in which it considers legislative business (bills, resolutions, and actions related thereto).
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- preferred shares: means shares other than common shares. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- series of shares: means those shares within a class that have the same rights, preferences, privileges, and restrictions but that differ in one or more rights, preferences, privileges, or restrictions from other shares within the same class. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- shareholder: means a holder of record of a share in a corporation. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Alaska Statutes 10.06.990
- subscription: includes the mark of a person who cannot write, with the name of that person written near the mark by a witness who writes the witness?s own name near the name of the person who cannot write. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060