|Article 1||Administration||46.15.010 – 46.15.020|
|Article 2||Appropriation and Use of Water||46.15.030 – 46.15.185|
|Article 3||Water Resources Board||46.15.190 – 46.15.240|
|Article 4||General Provisions||46.15.250 – 46.15.270|
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 15
- action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- appropriate: means to divert, impound, or withdraw a quantity of water from a source of water, for a beneficial use or to reserve water under AS 46. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260
- appropriation: means the diversion, impounding, or withdrawal of a quantity of water from a source of water for a beneficial use or the reservation of water under AS 46. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260
- beneficial use: means a use of water for the benefit of the appropriator, other persons or the public, that is reasonable and consistent with the public interest, including, but not limited to, domestic, agricultural, irrigation, industrial, manufacturing, fish and shellfish processing, navigation and transportation, mining, power, public, sanitary, fish and wildlife, recreational uses, and maintenance of water quality. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260
- commissioner: means the commissioner of natural resources. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- director: means the director of the division of lands, Department of Natural Resources. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- mineral and medicinal water: means
(A) water of a hot spring or spring with curative properties which has been reserved by the federal government under Public Land Order No. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260
- person: includes an individual, partnership, association, public or private corporation, state agency, political subdivision of the state, and the United States. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260
- property: includes real and personal property. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- source of water: means a substantial quantity of water capable of being put to beneficial use. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- water: means all water of the state, surface and subsurface, occurring in a natural state, except mineral and medicinal water. See Alaska Statutes 46.15.260