In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 10-2001
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
1. "Active member" is a member growing, producing, manufacturing, marketing, distributing or selling products or services handled by the association at the time of the membership meeting, or who during the previous year, delivered products or services to the association.
2. "Agricultural products" includes horticultural, viticultural, forestry, dairy, livestock, poultry, bee and any farm products.
3. "Association" means a corporation organized under this article.
4. "Marketing agreement" or "marketing contract" means any agreement entered into between an association organized under this article and its members, by the terms of which a subscribing grower, producer, manufacturer, marketer, distributor or seller and all other growers, producers, manufacturers, marketers, distributors or sellers signing similar agreements, agree to sell their products or services, goods for import or export purposes to or through such association.
5. "Member" includes members of associations.