A. A person who is responsible for collecting the motor vehicle fuel tax imposed by section 28-5606 or the aviation fuel tax imposed by section 28-8344 shall make periodic payments of the underground storage tank tax imposed by title 49, chapter 6, article 2 to the director of the department of transportation.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-6001
- Aviation fuel: means all flammable liquids composed of a mixture of selected hydrocarbons expressly manufactured and blended for the purpose of effectively and efficiently operating an internal combustion engine for use in an aircraft but does not include fuel for jet or turbine powered aircraft. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Motor vehicle: means a self-propelled vehicle required to be licensed or subject to licensing for operation on a highway. See Arizona Laws 28-5601
- Person: means an individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, association, corporation, estate, trust, business trust, receiver or syndicate, this state, any county, city, town, district or other subdivision of this state, an Indian tribe, or any other group or combination acting as a unit. See Arizona Laws 28-5601
- Use: includes the placing of fuel into any receptacle on a motor vehicle from which fuel is supplied for the propulsion of the vehicle unless the operator of the vehicle establishes to the satisfaction of the director that the fuel was consumed for a purpose other than to propel a motor vehicle on a highway in this state and, with respect to fuel brought into this state in any such receptacle on a use class motor vehicle, the consumption of the fuel in this state. See Arizona Laws 28-5601
B. A person who is responsible for collecting the use fuel tax imposed by section 28-5606 on diesel, including dyed diesel as defined in section 28-5601, shall register with the department of transportation on a form prescribed by the department of transportation and shall make periodic payments of the underground storage tank tax imposed by title 49, chapter 6, article 2 to the director. For purposes of this subsection, "diesel" means any liquid that is commonly or commercially known, offered for sale or used as a fuel in diesel engines.