A. An application for a membership camping public report shall contain the following documents and information:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 32-2198.01
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Commissioner: means the state real estate commissioner. See Arizona Laws 32-2101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the state real estate department. See Arizona Laws 32-2101
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- lease: includes every disposition, transfer, option or offer or attempt to dispose of or transfer real property, or an interest, use or estate in the real property, including the offering of the property as a prize or gift if a monetary charge or consideration for whatever purpose is required. See Arizona Laws 32-2101
- License: means the whole or part of any agency permit, certificate, approval, registration, public report, charter or similar form of permission required by this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-2101
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Membership camping contract: means an agreement that is offered or sold in this state evidencing a purchaser's right or license to use the camping or outdoor recreation facilities of a membership camping operator and includes a membership that provides for this use. See Arizona Laws 32-2101
- Membership camping operator: means an enterprise, other than one that is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code of 1986, as amended, that solicits membership paid for by a fee or periodic payments and has as one of its purposes camping or outdoor recreation, including the use of camping sites primarily by members. See Arizona Laws 32-2101
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, corporation, partnership or company and any other form of multiple organization for carrying on business, foreign or domestic. See Arizona Laws 32-2101
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. The name and address of the membership camping operator.
2. A copy of the articles of incorporation, partnership agreement or joint venture agreement and the camping club association bylaws as contemplated or currently in effect.
3. A list of all officers and directors or persons occupying a similar status of the membership camping operator including their names, addresses and occupations during the last five years.
4. A list of material affiliates of the membership camping operator, including the names and addresses of partners, officers, directors and persons with a direct or indirect interest of ten per cent or more in the membership camping operator.
5. A list of all owners of over ten per cent of the voting stock of the membership camping operator, except that this list is not required if the membership camping operator is a reporting company under the securities and exchange act of 1934.
6. Copies of forms of all advertisements intended to be used in connection with the offer or sale of membership camping contracts within this state.
7. A copy of each type of membership camping contract to be sold, a description of the purchase price of each type and, if the price varies, the reason for the variance.
8. A copy of any conditional use permit or any other major use permits indicating approval of the project by this state or a political subdivision of this state for each of the membership camping operator’s camping projects located in this state. If the membership camping operator has no projects in this state, the same documents shall be provided for all out of state projects for which membership contracts are to be sold or offered for sale in this state.
9. The financial statements of the membership camping operator prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and audited by an independent certified public accountant.
10. A statement of the total number of membership camping contracts intended to be sold in this state and the method used to determine this number including a statement of commitment that this total number will not be exceeded unless it is disclosed by an amendment to the registration.
11. If membership camping contracts are sold with different privileges or durations, a list of each type of membership camping contract and the approximate number of each type to be sold.
12. A copy of the agreement, if any, between the operator and any person owning, controlling or managing the campground.
13. The names of any other states or foreign countries in which an application for registration of the membership camping operator or the membership camping contract or any similar document has been filed.
14. Complete information concerning any adverse order, judgment or decree involving forgery, theft, extortion, conspiracy to defraud, a crime of moral turpitude or any other like conduct which has been entered by a court or administrative agency in connection with a campground or other business operated by the applicant or in which the applicant has or had an interest at the time of the acts which led to the order, judgment or decree.
15. A current title report which is signed and dated not more than thirty days before receipt by the commissioner and which provides a true statement of the condition of the title to the campground property, including all encumbrances on the property.
16. A statement on the provisions that have been made for permanent access and provisions, if any, for health department approved sewage and solid waste collection and disposal and public utilities, if any, in the proposed campground, including water, electricity, gas and telephone facilities.
17. A statement of the provisions, if any, limiting the use or occupancy of the campground, together with copies of any restrictive covenants affecting all or part of the campground.
18. A true statement of the approximate amount of indebtedness which is a lien on the campground or any part of the campground and which was incurred to pay for the construction of any on-site or off-site improvement or any community or recreational facility.
19. A true statement or reasonable estimate, if applicable, of the amount of any indebtedness which has been or is proposed to be incurred by an existing or proposed special district, entity, taxing area or assessment district within the boundaries of which the campground or any part of the campground is located, and which is to pay for the construction or installation of any improvement or to furnish community or recreational facilities to the campground, and which amounts are to be obtained by ad valorem tax or assessment, or by a special assessment or tax on the campground or any part of the campground.
20. A true statement as to the approximate amount, if any, of annual taxes, special assessments or fees to be paid by the membership camping contract owner for the proposed annual maintenance of common facilities in the campground.
21. A true statement of assurances for the installation of improvements, such as roads and utilities, and approval by the political subdivision having authority.
22. A true statement of provisions made for financing any community, recreational or other facilities to be included in the offering or represented as being in the offering. The statement shall include a trust agreement or other evidence of assurances for delivery of such facilities and a statement of the provisions, if any, for the continued maintenance of the facilities.
23. A true statement of the nature of any improvements to be installed or represented to be installed, the estimated schedule for completion and the estimated costs related to these improvements which will be borne by membership camping contract owners in the campground.
24. A true statement of the membership camping operator’s experience in the membership camping business, including the number of years the operator has been in the membership camping business.
25. A true statement of the nature of the purchaser’s right or license to use the membership camping operator’s property or facilities.
26. The location of each of the membership camping operator’s parks and a brief description for each park of the significant facilities then available for use by purchasers and those which are represented to purchasers as being planned, together with a brief description of any significant facilities that are or will be available to nonpurchasers or nonmembers. As used in this paragraph "significant facilities" includes campsites, swimming pools, tennis courts, recreation buildings, rest rooms and showers, laundry rooms and trading posts or grocery stores.
27. A true statement of the membership camping operator’s ownership of or other right to use the camping properties represented to be available for use by purchasers, together with the duration of any lease, license, franchise or reciprocal agreement entitling the membership camping operator to use the property, and any material provisions of any agreements which restrict a purchaser’s use of the property.
28. A copy of the rules, restrictions or covenants regulating the purchaser’s use of the membership camping operator’s properties, including a statement of whether and how the rules, restrictions or covenants may be changed.
29. A description of any restraints on the transfer of the membership camping contract.
30. A true statement of the policies relating to the availability of camping sites and whether reservations are required.
31. A true statement of any grounds for forfeiture of a purchaser’s membership camping contract.
32. Any other information, documents and certificates as the commissioner may reasonably require to clarify or ascertain the accuracy of the information required by this section.
B. The application shall be signed by the membership camping operator, an officer or general partner of the membership camping operator or by another person holding a power of attorney for this purpose from the membership camping operator. If the application is signed pursuant to a power of attorney, a copy of the power of attorney or the resolution authorizing the signature shall be included with the application.
C. The application must be submitted on a form prescribed by the commissioner with the application fee.
D. An application for registration to offer to sell or sell membership camping contracts shall be amended when a material change to the information previously filed occurs.