A. A person who knowingly does any of the following is guilty of a class 5 felony, a person who recklessly does any of the following is guilty of a class 6 felony and a person who knowingly or recklessly manifests an extreme indifference for human life in doing any of the following is guilty of a class 3 felony:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 49-925
- Facility: includes all contiguous land and structures, other appurtenances and improvements on the land used for treating, storing or disposing of hazardous waste. See Arizona Laws 49-921
- Federal act: means the solid waste disposal act, as amended by the resource conservation and recovery act of 1976 and the hazardous and solid waste amendments of 1984 (P. See Arizona Laws 49-921
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Hazardous waste: means garbage, refuse, sludge from a waste treatment plant, water supply treatment plant or air pollution control facility, or other discarded materials, including solid, liquid, semisolid or contained gaseous material, resulting from industrial, commercial, mining and agricultural operations or from community activities which because of its quantity, concentration or physical, chemical or infectious characteristics may cause or significantly contribute to an increase in mortality or an increase in serious irreversible or incapacitating reversible illness or pose a substantial present or potential hazard to human health or the environment if improperly treated, stored, transported, disposed of or otherwise managed or any waste identified as hazardous pursuant to section 49-922. See Arizona Laws 49-921
- Manifest: means the form used for identifying the quantity, composition, origin, routing and destination of hazardous waste during its transportation from the point of generation to the point of disposal, treatment or storage. See Arizona Laws 49-921
- Person: means an individual, trust, firm, joint stock company, corporation, including a government corporation, partnership, association, state, municipality, commission, political subdivision of the state, interstate body or federal facility. See Arizona Laws 49-921
1. Transports any hazardous waste to a facility not authorized to receive that hazardous waste under this article or under the federal act.
2. Causes or allows any hazardous waste to be transported to a facility not authorized to receive that hazardous waste under this article or under the federal act.
3. Treats, stores, transports or disposes of hazardous waste without appropriate authority under this article or under the federal act.
4. Violates a material permit condition issued pursuant to this article or a material interim status standard adopted pursuant to this article.
B. A person who knowingly does any of the following is guilty of a class 6 felony:
1. Fails to file a hazardous waste manifest required to be filed to comply with this article or the rules adopted pursuant to this article.
2. Transports, or causes to be transported, hazardous waste without a manifest as required under this article or the rules adopted pursuant to this article.
C. The attorney general may enforce the provisions of this section.