This article applies to acts that are committed by a juvenile and that if committed by an adult would be either:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 8-381
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- juvenile: means an individual who is under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
1. A misdemeanor offense.
2. A felony offense.
3. A petty offense.
4. A violation of a local criminal ordinance.