|Article 1||General Provisions||10-401 – 10-403|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 10 > Chapter 4 - Name
- Address: means a mailing address. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Cardholder: means a qualifying patient, a designated caregiver, a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent or a independent third-party laboratory agent who has been issued and possesses a valid registry identification card. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Department: means the department of health services or its successor agency. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Designated caregiver: means a person who:
(a) Is at least twenty-one years of age. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- domestic corporation: means a corporation for profit that is not a foreign corporation and that is incorporated under or subject to chapters 1 through 17 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Entity: includes a corporation, foreign corporation, not for profit corporation, profit and not for profit unincorporated association, nonprofit corporation, close corporation, corporation sole or limited liability company, a professional corporation, association or limited liability company, a business trust, estate, partnership, registered limited liability partnership, trust or joint venture, two or more persons having a joint or common economic interest, any person other than an individual and a state, the United States and a foreign government. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Financial institution: means banks, trust companies, savings and loan associations, credit unions, consumer lenders, international banking facilities and financial institution holding companies under the jurisdiction of the department. See Arizona Laws 6-101
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation for profit that is incorporated under a law other than the law of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Marijuana: means all parts of any plant of the genus cannabis whether growing or not, and the seeds of such plant. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary: means a not-for-profit entity that acquires, possesses, cultivates, manufactures, delivers, transfers, transports, supplies, sells or dispenses marijuana or related supplies and educational materials to cardholders. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent: means a principal officer, board member, employee or volunteer of a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary who is at least twenty-one years of age and has not been convicted of an excluded felony offense. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Qualifying patient: means a person who has been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Registry identification card: means a document issued by the department that identifies a person as a registered qualifying patient, a registered designated caregiver, a registered nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent or a registered independent third-party laboratory agent. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Verification system: means a secure, password-protected, web-based system that is established and maintained by the department and that is available to law enforcement personnel and nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agents on a twenty-four-hour basis for verifying registry identification cards. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215