|§ 10-861||Judicial action|
|§ 10-862||Directors’ action; definition|
|§ 10-863||Shareholders’ action; definition|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 10 > Chapter 8 > Article 6
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Agricultural lands: means irrigated farm lands or dry farm lands devoted to the purpose of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Commissioner: means the state land commissioner. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the state land department. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- Department: means the state land department. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- District: means a natural resource conservation district organized in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- District cooperator: means any person who has entered into a cooperative agreement with a natural resource conservation district for the purpose of protecting, conserving and practicing wise use of the natural resources under his control. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- Due notice: means notice published at least twice with an interval of at least six days between the two publication dates, in a newspaper of general circulation within the area affected, or if there is no newspaper of general circulation within the area affected, in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the area is located. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- Employee: includes an officer but not a director. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Entity: includes a corporation, foreign corporation, not for profit corporation, profit and not for profit unincorporated association, nonprofit corporation, close corporation, corporation sole or limited liability company, a professional corporation, association or limited liability company, a business trust, estate, partnership, registered limited liability partnership, trust or joint venture, two or more persons having a joint or common economic interest, any person other than an individual and a state, the United States and a foreign government. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Individual: includes the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Irrigation district: means an irrigation district, drainage district, water conservation district, agricultural improvement district, and, in addition thereto, includes any district, political subdivision, government agency, canal company, association, corporation or instrumentality of the state, having territorial boundaries and created or organized for the purpose of furnishing irrigation water for lands in the state. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Petition: means a petition for the creation or for the dissolution of a district. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- Proceeding: includes a civil suit and a criminal, administrative and investigatory action. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Public lands: means all lands within the exterior boundaries of this state except lands:
(a) To which title is held by any natural person, corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, society or any other entity. See Arizona Laws 37-901
- Qualified elector: means a person who is a district cooperator and a qualified elector of the state. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Required disclosure: means disclosure by the director who has a conflicting interest of both:
(a) The existence and nature of the conflicting interest. See Arizona Laws 10-860
- Secretary: means that officer designated as the secretary in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or that officer authorized in the articles of incorporation, the bylaws or otherwise to perform the functions of secretary, irrespective of the name by which designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shareholder: means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- state natural resource conservation commissioner: means the state land commissioner. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Supervisor: means a member of the governing body of a district, elected or appointed in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 37-1002
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215