|§ 12-701||Drugs; exemplary or punitive damages; definition|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 12 > Chapter 6 > Article 11
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215