|Article 2||Powers of Foreign Personal Representatives||14-4201 – 14-4207|
|Article 3||Jurisdiction Over Foreign Representatives||14-4301 – 14-4303|
|Article 4||Judgments and Personal Representative||14-4401|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 14 > Chapter 4
- Account: means withdrawable capital deposited with or invested in an association in accordance with any plan authorized by the provisions of this chapter unless such term is otherwise designated or qualified. See Arizona Laws 6-401
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Application: means a written request to the registrar for an order of informal probate or appointment under chapter 3, article 3 of this title. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Association: means every association to which this chapter applies as defined in the section concerning scope of chapter. See Arizona Laws 6-401
- Automated teller machine: means an automated device that is established by a bank, savings and loan association or credit union and that facilitates customer-bank communications activities, including taking deposits and disbursing cash drawn against a customer's deposit account or a customer's preapproved loan account, at a location separate from the home office or a branch. See Arizona Laws 6-101
- Branch: means any banking office other than the principal banking office. See Arizona Laws 6-101
- Court: means the superior court. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Estate: includes the property of the decedent, trust or other person whose affairs are subject to this title as originally constituted and as it exists from time to time during administration. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Foreign personal representative: means a personal representative appointed by another jurisdiction. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Local administration: means administration by a personal representative appointed in this state pursuant to appointment proceedings described in chapter 3. See Arizona Laws 14-4101
- Local personal representative: includes any personal representative appointed in this state pursuant to appointment proceedings described in chapter 3 and excludes foreign personal representatives who acquire the power of a local personal representative pursuant to section 14-4205. See Arizona Laws 14-4101
- Nonresident decedent: means a decedent who was domiciled in another jurisdiction at the time of the decedent's death. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Person: means an individual or an organization. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal representative: includes executor, administrator, successor personal representative, special administrator and persons who perform substantially the same function under the law governing their status. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Petition: means a written request to the court for an order after notice. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Probate: Proving a will
- Proceeding: includes action at law and suit in equity. See Arizona Laws 14-1201
- Profits: means , as determined by the application of proper accounting principles, gross income less the aggregate of operating and other expenses, losses actually sustained and not charged to reserves under the provisions of this chapter and interest paid or accrued on borrowings and non-recurring charges. See Arizona Laws 6-401
- Resident creditor: means a person domiciled in, or doing business in this state, who is, or could be, a claimant against an estate of a nonresident decedent. See Arizona Laws 14-4101
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: means a state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See Arizona Laws 14-9101
- Superintendent: means the superintendent of financial institutions. See Arizona Laws 6-101
- Title: includes this title, title 32, chapters 9 and 36 and title 44, chapter 2. See Arizona Laws 6-101