|Article 1||General Provisions||15-1301 – 15-1306|
|Article 2||Administration and Employment of Personnel||15-1321 – 15-1330|
|Article 3||Instruction and Students||15-1341 – 15-1346|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 15 > Chapter 11 - Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and the Blind
- Accommodation school: means either:
(a) A school that is operated through the county board of supervisors and the county school superintendent and that the county school superintendent administers to serve a military reservation or territory that is not included within the boundaries of a school district. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Certified teacher: means a person who is certified as a teacher pursuant to the rules adopted by the state board of education, who renders direct and personal services to schoolchildren in the form of instruction related to the school district's educational course of study and who is paid from the maintenance and operation section of the budget. See Arizona Laws 15-901
- Charter school: means a public school established by contract with the state board of education, the state board for charter schools, a university under the jurisdiction of the Arizona board of regents, a community college district or a group of community college districts pursuant to article 8 of this chapter to provide learning that will improve pupil achievement. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Credit union: means a cooperative nonprofit association that is incorporated under this chapter for the purposes of encouraging thrift among its members and creating a source of credit and other financial services at fair and reasonable cost. See Arizona Laws 6-501
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fiscal year: means the year beginning July 1 and ending June 30. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Governing board: means a body organized for the government and management of the schools within a school district or a county school superintendent in the conduct of an accommodation school. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Hearing impairment: means hearing impairment as defined in section 15-761. See Arizona Laws 15-1301
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Organization: means any corporation, association, partnership, society, firm, syndicate, trust or other legal entity. See Arizona Laws 6-501
- Parent: means the natural or adoptive parent of a child or a person who has custody of a child. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association or public or private organization of any kind. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Plea agreement: An arrangement between the prosecutor, the defense attorney, and the defendant in which the defendant agrees to plead guilty in exchange for special considerations. Source:
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- School district: means a political subdivision of this state with geographic boundaries organized for the purpose of the administration, support and maintenance of the public schools or an accommodation school. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Schools: means the Arizona state schools for the deaf and the blind and includes programs and services offered for the deaf and the blind by the schools in conjunction with other educational institutions. See Arizona Laws 15-1301
- Sensory impairment: means the following conditions, as defined in section 15-761:
(a) Visual impairment. See Arizona Laws 15-1301
- Subject: means a division or field of organized knowledge, such as English or mathematics, or a selection from an organized body of knowledge for a course or teaching unit, such as the English novel or elementary algebra. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Visual impairment: means visual impairment as defined in section 15-761. See Arizona Laws 15-1301