Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 15 > Chapter 13 > Article 7
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Board: means the board of medical student loans. See Arizona Laws 15-1721
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Current year: means the fiscal year in which a school district is operating. See Arizona Laws 15-901
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- GDP price deflator: means the average of the four implicit price deflators for the gross domestic product reported by the United States department of commerce for the four quarters of the calendar year. See Arizona Laws 15-1721
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Medically underserved area: means an area of this state designated by the department of health services pursuant to title 36, chapter 24, article 1 or by federal law. See Arizona Laws 15-1721
- Medically underserved population: means an area designated by the United States department of health and human services. See Arizona Laws 15-1721
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Private school: means a nonpublic institution where instruction is imparted. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Rural: means either of the following:
(a) A county with a population of less than four hundred thousand persons. See Arizona Laws 15-1721
- Subject: means a division or field of organized knowledge, such as English or mathematics, or a selection from an organized body of knowledge for a course or teaching unit, such as the English novel or elementary algebra. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215