|Article 1||General Provisions||28-5100 – 28-5111|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 13
- Authorized third party: means an entity that has executed a written agreement and is authorized by the department to perform limited or specific functions but is not authorized by the department to function as an authorized third party electronic service provider. See Arizona Laws 28-5100
- Authorized third party electronic service partner: means an entity that has been awarded a written agreement with the department pursuant to a competitive bid process to provide electronic transmission services and that may be authorized by the director to develop and implement information technology and other automated systems and to provide any necessary ongoing support for these systems. See Arizona Laws 28-5100
- Authorized third party electronic service provider: means an entity that has executed a written agreement with the department and is authorized by the department to provide electronic transmission services between the department, private citizens, other government agencies and public and private entities in this state or in any other state, territory or country. See Arizona Laws 28-5100
- Certificate of title: means a paper document or an electronic record that is issued by the department and that indicates ownership of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dealer: means a person who is engaged in the business of buying, selling or exchanging motor vehicles, trailers or semitrailers and who has an established place of business and has paid fees pursuant to section 28-4302. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of child safety. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Driver: means a person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Driver license: means a license that is issued by a state to an individual and that authorizes the individual to drive a motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Evidence: includes both of the following:
(a) A display on a wireless communication device of a department-generated driver license, nonoperating identification license, vehicle registration card or other official record of the department that is presented to a law enforcement officer or in a court or an administrative proceeding. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Manufacturer: means a person engaged in the business of manufacturing motor vehicles, trailers or semitrailers. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Referral: means a report that is submitted to the juvenile court and that alleges that a child is dependent or incorrigible or that a juvenile has committed a delinquent or criminal act. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Traffic survival school: means a school that offers educational sessions to drivers who are required to attend and successfully complete educational sessions pursuant to this title that are designed to improve the safety and habits of drivers and that are approved by the department. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- worker: means a person who has been selected by and trained under the requirements prescribed by the department and who assists in carrying out the provisions of this article. See Arizona Laws 8-801
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215