|§ 28-7942||Junkyards; screening; relocation; rules|
|§ 28-7944||Junkyards; nuisance; injunction|
|§ 28-7945||Construction of article|
|§ 28-7946||Violation; classification|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 23 > Article 2
- Automobile graveyard: means an establishment or place of business maintained, used or operated for storing, keeping, buying or selling wrecked, abandoned, scrapped, ruined or dismantled motor vehicles or motor vehicle parts. See Arizona Laws 28-7941
- Board: means the transportation board. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- highway: means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way if a part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Junk: means :
(a) Old or scrap copper, brass, rope, rags, batteries, paper, trash, rubber debris or waste. See Arizona Laws 28-7941
- Junkyard: means an establishment or place of business maintained, used or operated for storing, keeping, buying or selling junk or for maintaining or operating an automobile graveyard, including garbage dumps and sanitary landfills. See Arizona Laws 28-7941
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Primary system: means that portion of connected main highways located in this state that are officially designated by the board and approved by the United States secretary of transportation pursuant to 23 United States Code. See Arizona Laws 28-7941
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Right-of-way: when used within the context of the regulation of the movement of traffic on a highway means the privilege of the immediate use of the highway. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Unzoned industrial area: means an area that is not zoned under authority of state law and in which the land use is characteristic of that generally permitted only in areas that are actually zoned industrial under authority of state law and that embraces all land on the same side of the highway on which one or more industrial activities are conducted, including all land within one thousand feet measured in each direction parallel to the highway from the nearest edge of the industrial building or activity on the land. See Arizona Laws 28-7941