|Article 1||Administration||32-1001 – 32-1004|
|Article 2||Licensing||32-1021 – 32-1028|
|Article 3||Regulation||32-1051 – 32-1057|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 32 > Chapter 9
- Attorney-at-law: A person who is legally qualified and licensed to practice law, and to represent and act for clients in legal proceedings.
- Claim: means an obligation for the payment of money or its equivalent and a sum or sums owed, due or asserted to be owed or due to another, for which a person is employed to demand payment and collect or enforce such payment, and includes:
(a) Obligations for the payment of money to another, in the form of conditional sales agreements, notwithstanding the personal property sold thereunder, for which payment is claimed or may be or is repossessed in lieu of payment. See Arizona Laws 32-1001
- Collection agency: means :
(a) All persons engaged directly or indirectly in soliciting claims for collection or in collection of claims owed, due or asserted to be owed or due. See Arizona Laws 32-1001
- Department: means the department of financial institutions. See Arizona Laws 32-1001
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Financial institution: means a person who does business under any other law of this state or law of another state or the United States relating to banks, trust companies, savings and loan associations, credit unions and savings banks. See Arizona Laws 32-1001
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
- Person: means an individual, firm, partnership, association or corporation. See Arizona Laws 32-1001
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Recourse: An arrangement in which a bank retains, in form or in substance, any credit risk directly or indirectly associated with an asset it has sold (in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles) that exceeds a pro rata share of the bank's claim on the asset. If a bank has no claim on an asset it has sold, then the retention of any credit risk is recourse. Source: FDIC
- Registered mail: includes certified mail. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Superintendent: means the superintendent of financial institutions. See Arizona Laws 32-1001